What to do When Awakening to A Post Thanksgiving Depression.
1. Go to the refrigerator. Place your head into the freezer and breathe deeply five times. The negative ions will perk you up.
2. Take a shower. Splashing drops of water create negative ions which will perk you up.
3. Sit down at the breakfast table and say “Thank You”. (and mean it). If you don’t know who you said that to, don’t fret, it doesn’t matter. Eat breakfast and breathe deeply and exhale before each bite.
4. As you wash the breakfast dishes, clean the dirty edges around the kitchen sink or take a mop to the kitchen floor; do one quick chore which was not in your plan.
5. Go about your day. If you find yourself looking down, raise your eyes and look for the eyes of another, peer into them and say “Hi, how’s it goin’ “ (and mean it).
6. When you go to bed say “Thank You” (and mean it). If you don’t know who you said that to, don’t fret, it doesn’t matter.
What to do When Awakening to A Day Filled With Sunshine.
1. Same as above.
By Lee Broom.